Mountain Adventure Show 2018 Contest
THE “Mountain Adventure Show” CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN ONTARIO ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE ONTARIO LAW. THE CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONTARIO ONLY. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN ONTARIO OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
- ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
- be a legal resident of Ontario;
- be of the age of majority in Ontario or older at time of entry;
Employees of the Blue Mountain Village Association Inc., Blue Mountain Resorts Ltd. and Alterra Mountain Company, employees of Mountain Adventure Show Exhibitors (collectively, the “Sponsors”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members and/or the immediate family of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Sponsors for the purpose of this Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should any entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on Monday, March 19, 2018 and closes at 4:00 p.m. EDT on Sunday, April 1, 2018 (the “Contest Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER.
- Each entrant must complete a ballot complete with entrant’s name, phone number, email address and postal code.
- Limit of one (1) Entry per person.
- All Entries, become the sole property of the Mountain Adventure Show. All Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entry forms will be declared invalid if they are late or incomplete.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. To enter without purchasing an entry ticket to the Mountain Adventure Show, entrants must submit a photo of themselves in front of the Mountain Adventure Show flag in front of Blue Mountain Village Conference Centre between March 31, 2018 and April 1, 2018 along with a 100 word essay about what they think about the diversity of adventures in and around Blue Mountain.
- There will be one (1) Grand Prize Winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) consisting of a prize BluWave SUP valued at $1,100 CDN.
- There will be one (1) secondary prizes: two (2) $100 CDN in gift cards for participating Apple Pie Trail locations, and one (1) $50 CDN gift card for Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill Blue Mountain.
- There will be four (4) other prizes valued at $25 – $50 each provided by Sponsors.
- Prizes must be picked up within fourteen (14) days after the Prize Winners have been successfully contacted by the Sponsors, acknowledged compliance with the Contest Rules.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be substituted or redeemed for cash, except in the Sponsors’ sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the Prizes cannot be awarded for any reason.
5. ODDS OF WINNING
- The odds of winning one of the three prizes depends on the number of eligible entries received.
6. WINNER SELECTION
- Contest Draw dates
- On, June 18, 2018 at approximately 9:00am, one (1) Grand Prize Winner and two (2) Other Prize Winners will be drawn randomly by the Sponsors.
- The Grand Prize winner and two Other Prize Winners will be notified by email no later than four (4) days after than the contest draw and must respond within ten (10) business days of notification to the contact number provided in the notification email. If the selected potential Winners do not respond in accordance with the Contest rules or the selected potential Winners do not comply with the Contest rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the Prize and another potential Prize Winner may be selected in the Sponsors’ sole discretion. Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of selected potential Prize Winners to receive notification or for Sponsors to receive a selected potential Prize Winner’s response.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Website, and/or http://www.applepietrail.ca.
11. CONDUCT. By entering this Contest, entrant agrees to be bound by these Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website throughout the Contest Period and available at 796455 Grey Road 19, Main Floor.
12. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. By participating in the Contest, entrant: (a) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her name, phone number, address, and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Prize Winners; (b) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and Privacy Statement available at www.applepietrail.ca.
13. LAW. These are official Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to applicable provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable provincial and municipal laws. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.